Friday, February 22, 2008

This is hard.

I haven't been a real lawyer for about 6 months, because the court I was in was BS. Long story, I'm not gonna tell it. Anyway, I've suddenly found that, in my first 4 days back at this "real lawyering" gig it's way harder to speak on the record than I remembered. It's like my tounge has crazy glue all over it, so it gets stuck to random places inside of my mouth when I'm trying to talk. And I'm not even nervous!

"alexannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggjjjjjjjjjra (last name here) Deputy p-p-p-p-public defennnnnnnnnnnnnnder for Mr. Sanchjjxjchjes." WTF!!!!?????

I can't even imagine what I look like saying that shit, since in my head I'm so pissed off for the like, 93 seconds it takes me to state my appearance. I MUST be rolling my eyes and contorting my face like the clients who need silence from me because I'm stirring up the demons inside their head and they're trying to listen to all 50 of them at once.

ug. I need some scotch. Happy freaking Friday, sheit.

1 Comments:

Blogger ipse dixit said...

I really, really hate when this happens. I can have a perfectly normal conversation off the record, then every once in a while I get on the record and I cannot spit out a single sentence without falling all over myself.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home